Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments

We just returned a week ago from Florida. My husband had two weeks of treatments in Naples at the Perlmutter Health Clinic and it did help him. we will be going back this fall. Has anyone heard of "Sugars that Heal"? These are glyconutrients and we are also starting on those. I am positive that we are going to see continued results. Trudy Weichers

Trudy:

Dr Perlmutter is a very respected Doctor in the alternative medicine field -- I am happy to hear your husband had good results. Could you please be a bit more specific? How long ago did he have the stroke? What results did you actually see?

Dorrie

His stroke was March 20, 2004. I wish I had known about this sooner. I have done a lot of research on hyperbaric oxygen treatments and have made a lot of phone calls. His carotid artery is 100% blocked. His stroke affected his left side. He was in hospital for 53 days and then had outpatient therapy. Always neglected the fact that he had a left arm and hand. The results so far were that after nine treatments, he could hold potato chips in left hand without crushing them. He held a gatorade in left hand so he could open lid with right hand. He has been riding the four wheeler where he has to use both hands. the other night he reached up and took a toothpick out of his mouth with his left hand without thinking about it. This may seem like little things to some people who haven't had a stroke but are big to us. They told us to keep using hand so the brain will recognize the fact that it is there. The neurons are trying to wake up that aren't dead. We do need more treatments and will be going back this fall. I listened to a CD about a doctor who was chief of staff in Canada. He was disable for 12 years and started taking these glyco nutrients. he is now giving seminars. I am a skeptical person but have spoke several times to a lady who talked to this doctor. She has her husband on these nutrients. I believe his stroke was in Nov. of 2003. He had the hyperbaric oxygen treatments immediately after getting out of hospital, also chelation and was started on these nutrients. He rides a bike every night. Dennis also said he feels more alert since having the treatments. any other questions I will gladly try to answer. Trudy Weichers

The one thing I forgot to add is when I said he was more alert. What I meant was things seem to be a little easier for him. A couple times since we came home he has managed to snap his own jeans which he couldn't do before. The bale wagon was set wrong and the other guys couldn't figure it out. He walked over and fixed it. He wouldn't have been able to remember what to do before the treatments. I think they are great. Trudy

Trudy:

Great news for you and your husband !!! Keep us posted about more progress. What is the name of that Canadian Doctor ? Where did you get the CD. I would be very interested in learning more about it.

Dorrie

Archived