NESS 200

Guest fostermabld

Guest fostermabld

I have plateaued on the left arm/hand (typical) I discovered recently an exciting

new electrostim looks very promising! CHECK THIS WEBLINK: http:http://www.bionessinc.com/

and video VERY CONVINCING

I will blog my experiences

I just don't want to wait for the rest of my life for two-handedness (it gets old) whoosh.gif

love/luck to All! beer.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The e-mail address and phone number of the ness 200 salesman was edited out of this post as per our board rules. MBA: JR

Mike: have you been using one in therapy? I don't think it would work for me because it is for people with weakened strength and I have complete paralysis, but I'd like to test drive one. How much is it? I've been using KMI's Hand Mentor at therapy, but a home unit is $4,000!

Rene

Hi Mike!

I checked out the video and it looks very encouraging. Can they provide any statistics on success rates? I am 8 yrs post stroke so I may write an find out if I am too late. If it works well, I would think it would be worth a small fortune to use.

Pat

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update:

I played with the Bioness today. Very unimpressive. It did not straighten the fingers of anyone who tried it. Thje only difference between it and a standard e-stim unit is that the the patient does not have to worry about electrode placement. Here in Phoenix you can rent them for $500/month. It is cool looking, though.

Rene

Actually, no. The hand mentor keeps my hand muscles and tendons stretched, instead of fisted, but there is still no movement.

My medical team has been very honest with me - they've never seen anyone recover from flaccid paralysis. And I have never been able to locate anyone who had complete flaccid paralysis after a stroke and recovered any functional use. Some have recovered twitching, though.

I really wish I could find a surgeon to amputate the useless hunk of flesh.

Rene

Rene

• 4 weeks later...

I, too am sooooo sick of this useless appendige called an arm and hand. I am almost 5 yrs. post stroke(at age 39) and I believe my docs have given up on it angry.gif , but I am willing to try ANYTHING at this point. My limb is not flaccid...I have the opposite problem of too much tone...arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh.

This stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad to be alive, though.

Beth smile.gif

Archived