Lightfoot trikes

While surfing the web on my behalf, my oldest son (who is an avid bicyclist/unicyclist) came across a recumbent trike that would wokj for me -- all brake and gear controls on the right side, and a special foot cradle that would keep my left foot in place while riding.

The website is lightfootcycles.com.

Has anyone had any experience with these vehicles?

I spoke with the president of the company and he is willing to do whatever is needed to customize the bike for its new owner. he also claims that he has a number of stroke survivor customers.

Tom Holub

Wow Tom!

These trikes look great!

I have heard others with limited mobility using these bikes( or similar versions) and being quite happy with them. I have thought of a scooter but am reluctant because having no garage I would need to store it inside during the winter.

Pat

Hey there Tom

We bought an EZ3 tricycle for my husband in July after he went for a test ride at the dealers. He absolutely loves it.

He is able to mount/dismount without fear of losing balance, can steer with one hand, and can pedal now for more than an hour before feeling fatigued.

Best of all, it gets him outside with a sense of newfound freedom. At first, I felt I had to help him get started. No more.

The price was a little steep, but in our opinion, it has been well worth it.

Rosetta

• 7 months later...

Tom, We just ordered two of the EZ1's and a tandem coupler system. It makes the two single bikes a side by side tandem. They call it a "quadrabent." This way my husband and I can rid together until he gets his balance back enough to ride alone. I expect to receive them next week. I will let you know how they ride. Another person we know has the Sun EZ3 trike and rides all over town.

My husband has a hard time keeping his foot on the pedal so we are using a clipless pedal on the weaker leg and keeping his strong leg free.

We are scheduled to do our first ride on May 17 - it is the Ride for Silence to honor those killed while riding bicycles this past year. Part of a nationwide event. Denny is determined to ride in the ride because our neighbor was one of the folks killed in the past 6 months in our county.

Photos of the Sun side by side tandem can be seen at the companies website at:

http://www.sunbicycles.com/sun/accessories...ecumQuadKit.htm

Archived