Sex after stroke

I am arguing with my boyfriend (who saved my life last month).

He won't touch me until I'm on birth control again. He had bad experience in the past with rubber hats.

BUTT-I also think he is freaked out cause I STroked After Sex!!!!!!!!

I feel great. I am moving, typing better..not so fatigued.

My cardiologist (who closed my PFO and did lots of other bloodwork and tests) said i should be okay as long as its low-estrogen. As far as risks go, heck if I get pregnant in years to come blood clotting is common and I have read other posts about high risk OB-GYN-thanx-love info!

SO, I am waiting for my main doc to get back from vacation and refer me to a good Gyno...

Is there any other young ladies out there with positive bloodwork on just aspirin that are on any birth control? :huh:

Daisy,

I don't meet the criteria in your last sentence of your post. You are glad you found this site, so I know you can smile at humor and take a joke, while you await answers from young ladies.

My humor comment has to do with your second sentence about your boy friend's bad experience.

Since you are 26 and on a fast train, well, in the bedroom, he should have taken his "rubber hats" OFF and left his "rubber boots" ON, until he was ready to get off the train. Lesson learned is never wear your hat indoors. :roflmao: :BashHead: :happydance:

Maybe, he's not really freaked out, he was just trying to make the ride in a New York minute, and you got overly excited at that speed. :Tantrum: Fun things like that works on your heart. Now you know the rest of the story.

Hi,

I can no longer take birthcontrol pills and had PFO closure.

My general practiononer has referred me to a gynegologist to have a special type of IUD which is

called mirena that is used for women who would be at high risk if on birthcontrol.

Check it out!

I am going for one soon when I get my scheduled appoitment.

Wish you luck!

Take Care

Lorraine

Yes the IUD, especially Mirena or a diaphram would be good choices. There are low estrogen BC pills and patches. Make sure you take a copy of your medical record with you or have them faxed before your appointment. Not sure if your main doc will insert the mirena iud, but a gyn nurse practioner or GYN will be familiar with it.

Bonnie

Hey ladies, someone else led me to the mirena site, i am open to that but everyone else i talk to about it says it sounds very unnatural-scary...what about the mini pill / POPs with no estrogen? wouldnt that be good and deprovera is one of them-but its a shot? my best friend was on Deprovera- shes pregnant now..she has PKD a kidney disease. anyway.. i better go into the gyno pronto! <if i could get an appointment within a month!> thank you much-all of you! I'm always listening!

A lot of OB/GYN offices have nurse practioners or ARNP that specialize in GYN, sometimes it is easier to get an appointment with them. They work with the Dr. but are liscensed to write prescriptions, do exams, etc.

Mirena has a hormone, much like the mini pill or Depo Provera Injections. mirena last for 5 yrs or cn be removed when you are ready to start a family. Depo Provera Injections are every 3 months.

There is quite a bit of on line information. You could make a list of questions to take with you.

Talking with the Dr or Arnp you should be able to find what would be best for you, and side effects that may occur.

Most cities have Planned Parenthood Clinics also.

Good Luck

Bonnie

sorry to be a downer but i was told my stroke was due in part to the pill so i 'm not going to recommend it to you but i'm not a doctor either and i heard the patch is even worse you should definitely talk to obgyn sorrry i couldn't be of any help

Daisy79,

I'm no lady, but thought I'd chime in on the subject, Since you have already had 1 stroke it would be much safer to just use a raincoat. Tell the boyfriend to quit being so damn selfish, its your life on the line

God Bless,

Tom

Daisy,

My doctor said also to me that there are to many risks taking the pill, and advised I use the mini pill along with protection. I have been using this method for sometime, and it works ok and there is not as much risk using the mini pill to the normal pill. there was also the option of diaphrams. I was lucky in that my doctor helped and advised on what was best to suit me, if not the doctor you can always visit a GYN Nurse/doctor

Please feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this further or have any questions :uhm: I will be happy to discuss all options that I was told was safe for myself.

I came across this subject and after reading several posts, they brought back some memories. When I was 35 yrs.old and knew that I didn't want to have any more children,I had already been taking the pill for years but when I hit the age of 35 my doc told me he could no longer prescribed the pill for me because I smoked plus being 35yr. he said could/would cause me to have a stroke or other bad health problems so I had a tubal done because I didn't want to have a stroke or any other bad health problem, so guess what happened at age 52! Life is surely weird!! :nuhuh:

VICKI SAID IT, LOL.

I WILL ADDRESS YOU GUYS ONE AT A TIME AND I HOPE I DON'T MISS ANYONE.

1) FRED: NOT EVERYBODY HAS THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING AN OLD WORN OUT LOCOMOTIVE LOL LOL LOL LOL

2) MIKE: HOW DO YOU KNOW SEX IS AS GOOD AS IT EVER WAS IF YOU HAVEN'T YET FOUND A PARTNER???????

3) TOM: I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BUT " HOW SWEET"

Well, duh!!!!

Archived