FUNCTION

:Clap-Hands: That is super! you're darn right, some is better than none going!I can just imagine how excited you must be . keep the good work! :happydance:

YAYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncing_off_wall: :bouncing_off_wall: :bouncing_off_wall: :bouncing_off_wall: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :forgive_me?: :forgive_me?: :forgive_me?: :forgive_me?:

Keep on... Keepin on... one day at a time !!

you are giving ALL of us... inspiration and hope !!

Barbara (4 year survivor)

Hey, I'm with you Mische, a little is like a lot when we need it. That's what I keep telling my wife, a little is better than none. She didn't hear me yet. :happydance: I'll keep on lap dancing until something gives. :silly: Congratulations on your movements, more is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

MISCHE,

GOOD FO YOU. NOW THAT THEY ARE STARTING TO MOVE, PUT YOUR HANDS IN A PAN OR SINK OF WARM WATER. PRACTICE MOVING THEM IN THE WATER. TRY TOUCHING EACH FINGER WITH YOUR THUMB.

I HAVE BEEN DOING WATER THERAPY FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AND IT'S DONE WONDERS. AT LEAST THAT'S MY OPINION.

KEEP ON IMPROVING.

MARTY :D

I STARTED GETTING MOVEMENT IN LEFT FINGERS.......NOT ALOT BUT SOME IS BETTER THAN NON, RIGHT????

Absolutely!! My mom had a stroke 4 months ago and she spent 2 months without moving at all on her left side. Suddenly she began to move her fingers and can now get her hand up to her chin. It's very slow, but it's a miracle and we are so happy. Keep your chin up and work hard on your therapy. Good luck.

:cheer: HURRAY for you! You have only begun on your journey. I am so excited for you.

Stay well,

Linnie

Hooray for you!!! As the others, I know just how great it is to look at your fingers & see movement. You've probably gotten more since you posted your good news. I used to lay there & make my left hand mimic my right. One of the first things I did was that signal Dr.Spock does...the nurses got qwuite a kick out of that.

Good to hear your news!!!

Jasco

• 5 weeks later...

I was home a long time before I got any movement back besides shoulder. My left fingers started twitching uncontrollable at first ,then in OT we worked on controlled movement. I now can make a fist and barely open my palm up. Congrats! Keep up on your OT work.

~Amy

Guest veggie.vampire

Well done! A little is most definitely better than none and who knows, may even lead to more. My one good hand started as the fingers just twitching but 6 months later it was normal. Don't forget to use it though, that old saying of use it or lose it is so true.

Hi

This is a super exciting moment!!! :Clap-Hands: Keep on using it, as it will take time, but it is a big step in recovery :cheer:

You will always remember this day!!!! I remember as I got excited when I hurt my arm on the hospital bed..... but I could feel it!!!!

keep up the good work and I agree to use the water therapy as it does help a lot.

Mark this day on the calendar and then each month see how far you have come from that point! You will truly be amazed.

I am so excited for you as I know how much it means!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

• 2 months later...
Guest braz54

That is super :Clap-Hands: Keep up the good work.. :happydance:

I will have to try the hand in the water for Joe too..

Well again thats GREAT NEWS!

Gail

THAT'S JUST GREAT! AND I WONDER HOW THOSE FINGERS ARE DOING NOW SINCE YOU FIRST POSTED? ARE YOU STILL HAVING SOME MOVEMENT? WHAT SUPER NEWS THIS HAD TO BE FOR YOU! YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY!! SO DON'T STOP NOW....rose

• 1 month later...

Archived