Sex after stroke.

I like/love having sex, except for the fact I am paranoid after my stroke,b/c my affected side- arm and hand look awfully unattractive being crippled with tone and all. I like to try to hide my arm/hand under a pillow during sex, when in missionary position. Any other ladies paranoid about their arm getting in the way during sex. My hubby says it doesn't bother him, but it bothers me.

While on the topic...ladies.. has anyone else lost nipple sensation on the affected side?One day my husband caught me about to go to therapy with one of the girls not in my bra. TG, He noticed. My left nipple sensation is gone.. doesn't work:( .

Thanks, just thinking sex stuff.

-Amy

I still don't have much sensation on my left side, but it has increased ever so slightly over the last months. I use different textures to rub over my left side on any spot that I am able to reach. Over and over and over, varying from soft to rough to smooth. I was told it might give me back some degree of the feeling.

I felt no difference for a long time and was tempted to stop trying, but I wanted to be able to feel things again so badly, so I stuck it out. I feel some improvement in some areas now. I can't tell you whether the stimulation worked or whether it would have happened in time anyway. I'm thankful for each small piece of skin that feels any degree of touch, because it drove me crazy having none at all.

I'll continue what I've been doing.

Janie

I felt like a complete rag doll at first - plus the shoulder subluxation hurt so bad. The worst part for me personally - and I am not kidding here - is that I am a writer, and one of my "specialties" was/is erotica. I have been published on another popular "lit-erotica" website for five years, and over 250,000 people have read my short stories. My husband and I have been married 30 years this July - before October 2004 - when he had 2 heart attacks, then I had the stroke in December - we had a VERY active sex life.

Since then, of course, I sleep in a completely different room. I cannot even get in or out of that waterbed - where I had the stroke. He has his room now - and I have this wonderful "little girl" bedroom made just for me! :happydance:

Anyway, the good news is: spasticity and tone have really improved. Shoulder subluxation pain ceased. I have regained enough mobility now - it's been 15 months - that I can at least move my arm out of the way AND adjust my left leg accordingly.

The left side sensation has slowly improved, too. The numbness doesn't bother me too much, though - it's just a wierd sensation compared to the right, unaffected side.

I do wish I had the ability to get up and cross the room to INITIATE the affection - foreplay is still a pre-requisite... I don't turn on and off like a faucet now any more than I did pre-stroke!!! That part really frustrates me. :Sob:

Today I was able to stand long enough to hug him with both arms, and kiss him. He's six feet tall, and I'm barely five feet, so this was quite a "feat" - :cheer: - I will really celebrate when we can dance again!

Sex isn't over after stroke - all it takes is patience and love.

Blessings,

Hera

• 3 weeks later...

I like/love having sex, except for the fact I am paranoid after my stroke,b/c my affected side- arm and hand look awfully unattractive being crippled with tone and all. I like to try to hide my arm/hand under a pillow during sex, when in missionary position. Any other ladies paranoid about their arm getting in the way during sex. My hubby says it doesn't bother him, but it bothers me.

While on the topic...ladies.. has anyone else lost nipple sensation on the affected side?One day my husband caught me about to go to therapy with one of the girls not in my bra. TG, He noticed. My left nipple sensation is gone.. doesn't work:( .

Thanks, just thinking sex stuff.

-Amy

AMY: I WAS READING STUFF AND CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG TODAY ABOUT SEX.

I ALSO WONDER WHERE TO PUT RIGHT ARM THATS JUST LIMP AND HANGING THERE... ITS A FUNNY THING. WE JOKE ABOUT CHOPPING IT OFF. WE HAD TO GET REAL CREATIVE IN POSITIONS IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I DON'T HAVE THE NIPPLE THING, BUT THAT WHOLE SIDE GETS TINGLING SENSATIONS.. I GUESS THATS NORMAL.

I AM VERY SELF-CONSCIOUS STILL, BUT THEY SAY THAT GOES AWAY... AFTER ALL, WE CAN STILL LOVE WITH ALL OF OUR BODY.... JUST IN NEW WAYS.. I REALLY MISS HUGGING WITH BOTH ARMS. DO YOU??

TAKE CARE... SHERRY :yadayada:

Archived