Disability Adaptive Gear

Saw this site advertised on the TV the other day. Look under "adaptive gear" on the right side of the page for a bunch of links for handicapped aids. I'm not pushing the guy's site, just the links page. I haven't looked at all of the stuff, but some might be helpful.

http://www.wheelinsportsmen.org

There are a couple wheelchair gun/bow brackets that I wouldn't want Sam to have when she gets mad at me!!

Did you see the November 2006 issue of Strokenet's newsletter? I wrote an artice for it about my wheelchair bound husband who went deer hunting this year. The organization who co-sponsored the event for 17 disabled guys was Wheelin' Sportsman that you are giving the link to up above. It's a great organization that is dedicated to getting wheelchair bound people out fishing and hunting. I can't tell you how much good this hunt did for Don's moral!

If you missed the article, here's a link to it: http://www.strokenetwork.org/newsletter/articles/hunting.htm

Jean

Sorry I missed the article. (just read it, thanks.) What I saw on the tube was great. I'm not a hunter, but I'm going to see if I can get involved with them in some way. Yesterday we were out fishing on the local fishing dock, and there were 3 folks in wheelchairs, one with a walker, and a guy with a prosthetic leg. Everybody had a ball. More people should get out to enjoy the outdoors. I'm glad to see an organization that shows people that the opportunities are out there.

This is a fantastic site. As a former outdoorsman, this has given me a renewed interest in pursuing the outdoor life. I only looked quickly at this website, and will be returning later when I have time. I love to fish, it used to be my business, and now being hemiplegic, it has been a interest I thought was a thing of the past. Now, I am not so sure. Thanks for putting this link on this site.

Bob

Archived