REQUEST FOR "OLDIES" AND "NEWBIES"

Guest hostmel

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi -

I see some of the "oldies" come in and post to questions and wonder how you've been and would like to ask you to post a quick update in a blog or as a reply here just to let us know how your are - WE Miss YOU!!!

And "Newbies" that come in and hang out a lot for a while and then disappear for a while - this aplies to you too! WE MISS YOU, WORRY ABOUT YOU, AND WONDER HOW YOU ARE - please let us know :) :hug:

Thanks

Thanks for wondering1 I'm Susan AKA "STROKEDINWENATCHEE"rIGHT-sIDE iSCHEMIC sURVIVOR FROM 2/3/07. i AM DOING WELL; BETTER ALL THE TIME1 mY AFFECTED HAND GRIP STRENGTH HAS GONE FROM 0/ZERO TO 19 POUNDS i WOULD LOVE TO HEAR OF ANY EXERCISE ROUTINES ANYONE CARES TO SHARE FOR REGAINING MORE FINE MOTOR CONTROL. tHANKS TO EVERY ONE OF YOU! sUSAN

Hi Everyone!! Great to meet some of you and learn your stories. I am pretty much a newbie here too. I do post when I can.. and do try to get here everyday.

I am going to the blood doctor next week.. and he will give me the results of this test. They are not sure what causes my strokes. So.. there is always a test to do LOL

Anyway.. I walk and talk and drive! My left side is a little weaker than my right.. but I exercise almost everyday!

*hugs*

Billie Jo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well it has been a year or so since my last message because I dropped off the New York area radar and moved to Matthews, North Carolina to start afresh and reduce our expenses. I spent alot of time packing and trying to sell a house in New York but wound up carrying 2 houses for awhile. We succeeded on selling our abode in NY just in time to miss the glut.

Since we moved to North Carolina we have spent alot of time volunteering to help non-rofit organizations. I was a computer consultant before my stroke 4 years ago. During my effort to get better I built a home network, rebuilt 2 machines by crawling on the floor until I managed to walk again. I believe in never say die and there is always some hope to get better based on the amount you are willing, if able, to put into getting stronger and healthier. I will be turning 60 on Dec. 13th and am currently instructing and helping people older than me in a senior citizens center. My long term memory is great but ask me to remember 5 minutes ago and good luck with that. It appears that I am in good company because most of the seniors say they have the same problem. It appears my problems are mostly psychological at this point because i developed several phobias as a result of the stroke (like fear of driving, crossing bridges, fear of heights) Yet I have no fear of heights when my wife asks me for something that requies getting on a ladder :>0.

I will All a Happy Holiday.

I apologize to anyone that wished me happy birthday last year as I was not emotionally available.

Regards to All,

Bob Malsich

hey hi e1,

i know i've been out more than in lately,sry bout that. stroked 4 yrs ago in 2003 for the last 2 yrs been working at the same placve which is almost a record for me but i'm limited but what do ya do? lol things have way been same stuff justy a diff. day boringgg yes but i'm still here good luck to everyone

Archived