Do you consider yourself disabled?

Yes I consider myself disabled more physically than mentally

I have no movement in my arm still need an aid to walk cannot drive spen my time alone as a shut in stuick in the house - if I were able I certainly would not just sit here alone day in & out

I'm not hung up on labels

There just hapens to be lots of things I am unable to do by & for myself

Susan

Not only do I consider myself disabled I consider myself severely disabled and the Government agree as I get a severe diability premium. As for driving that is only a distant memory as I am sure it is for many others, as for walking, I can stand if I hold on to something but only for a short time so yes I suppose I am.

Mike

I really could care less what I'm labeled - actually sometimes it's a blessing. People help when I don't need it really. I'm politely spoken to. I can go to the front of the line because I walk with a cane. Etc., etc, etc. I drive, walk, read and do most things I use to. Yes, I'm physically challenged when I don't want to take the garbage out. :im stupid:

I am slower... mentally and physically then I used to be. I don't really put a label. I know I am disabled as I cannot return to my job. That took awhile to accept.

I don't dwell on the "disabled" portion. I just know now. That if I want to do something it is going to take a little more planning and time. I try to look at some things as "challenges" and if i complete them .. feel happy that I did. Figuring out how to put things together. etc.

I do many things I did before.. it just takes 4 times longer.

Bonnie

Good response to my post. Yes, I am slower and doing something takes more planning and there are somethings I cannot do. I just have to accept that!

Archived