Frustrated at the slowness of adaptations to our bungalow

Yeah for YOU and Trev... nothing like a little media to get the ball rolling..

We have a crummy neighbor.. but he does not live on the property, just owns the 5 acres behind us.

Well if these people every come knocking on your door... well I know what I'd do...

Sue's ideas of taking Ry out for the day, even to a park or for lunch sound nice too. Glad you have people stepping up to help you.

BEST WISHES TO YOU BOTH, (((((((HUGS))))))))) Bonnie

Well there could be good news at last, I now have a Stroke Association Coordinator helping me in my fight for the ramp & through her I've found out there is to be a meeting regarding a small amount of funding available & whether it can be used for trev, & this is the email she sent me today...so fingers crossed...

Hi Chris

Just to let you know that David Ford, from the housing depart rang me this morning to say he will be attending the meeting with Mark Ford, and the occupational therapist manager today. He explained that the problem is partly due to lack of funding (which I think we had gathered by now!) and partly due to lack of access.

He said that he hoped that a new small amount of funding has been secured and the meeting today is to try to prioritise how it is spent, as it appears there are a few people waiting for major adaptations and ramps in your area. I explained that it is still costing

Chris,

It does sound like you are finding just how to be the squeaky wheel!!! Good luck, it will be good to hear wonderful things happening across the pond!

June,

It's hard for us to understand that Chris lives in another country, with different "zoning" laws we just aren't familiar with! It sounds to me like she's got some great folks on her side, don't you think?

Warmly,

Well nothing much to report on the saga of the ramp. Julie has been in constant touch with me but hasn't yet been able to speak to David Ford regarding their decision regarding funding..he's ignoring her phone calls.

Anyway she's now on my behalf contacted one or 2 other organisations asking their advice on what to do next. It's great I don't feel alone in my fight now...we'll get there in the end I know it.

Archived