Creativity [it's gone for me]

You make jewelry, too?? Actually this hobby is what got me inspired last year. I stroked in April and then in October I reconnected with my jewelry making hobby (I love fine jewelry). It wasn't pretty at first with my left hand shaking but I was very, very determined. I made one necklace in the time it used to take me to make five but I did it! I haven't done too much this year as I've been involved in other things but it's a very creative hobby. My favorite is making lariats out of sworovski crystals.

You can become inspired again...trust me.

Stessie

• 4 months later...

Hello Ellen,

I'm feeling the same way.I have had a little progress in this area,though. Before my right brain stroke in July '04, I was very creative. I could always find some sort of inspiration and had plans for all sorts of projects.I used to sew and worked as a pattern maker in the fashion industry. I have recently started learning Photoshop,using a pen and tablet,which has helped with my eye-hand coordination.I wish I could offer you more.I can offer you support and encouragement,though.A crafting group might be worth trying,sometimes others can see ways to do things when they are presented with the challenge.I am studying horticulture and one of my classmates consistently challenges herself to think of ways I can do some of the tasks we are asked to perform. I will keep my eyes open.I hope you find something to soothe that ache, soon.

Best Wishes,

Mary

"If I keep a green bough in my heart,the singing birds will come." Chinese proverb

• ksmith pinned this topic